Our Story

Grant Memorial Park has been serving the Marion area community for many years. We’re thankful to be an important part of this community and will continue our longstanding legacy of helping families honor their loved ones.



In 1930 Edward Stewart, Josiah Winters, and Judge Robert M. VanAtta began Grant Memorial Park on an 80 acre tract of land west of Western Avenue and Seventeenth and Twenty-sixth streets on the edge of Marion. Their initial offices were in the Hotel Spencer in Marion - now the Grant County Office Building. Through the years, Grant Memorial Park has always been a for-profit cemetery.

John M. Storey and Benjamin R. Needham jointly purchased the cemetery from the Brandon family in 1985. In 1995, Grant Memorial Park became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Needham-Storey Funeral Service, Inc.


Grant Memorial Park prior to any development

May 1930
The first day on the field to start the work after clearing the surface.

Grant Memorial Park
Phone: (765) 662-7295
1606 W. 26th St., Marion, IN 46953

© Grant Memorial Park
Supported by SRS Computing and TA

Privacy Policy & Terms of Use | Accessibility